Friday, November 24, 2017

#horses - #2017 r/horses Secret Santa gift and card exchange - Official Thread (3 exchange options this year!)


2017 r/horses Secret Santa gift and card exchange - Official Thread (3 exchange options this year!)

Here we are again! We're doing things a little differently this year in that there will be 2 price tiers to help everyone participate. We're also doing a card exchange! In the past we've done a $50 gift exchange. We're keeping that but also doing a $20 gift exchange. You can sign up for one or both!!


Let's start with the gift exchanges. Rules and deadlines are exactly the same for both of those.

The official deadline to sign up for the gift exchange is November 15th. All matches will be drawn and sent out the following day. Gifts should be mailed by December 15th to allow for plenty of time for things to arrive by Christmas, and if you want to mail ahead of that date then you go Glen Coco! So almost a whole month of plotting and shopping! Yay!

"I missed the deadline! Can I still sign up?" Yes, BUT: The initial matches will still stand, so I'm only going to be able to match up latecomers with other latecomers. The shipping deadline also stays the same, so you've got less time to hunt around.

In the signups be sure to put your full address and I'll make sure to match accordingly so nobody gets blasted on shipping costs. If you don't have a problem shipping internationally let me know below or shoot me a pm. We've got people here from all over the world so don't let your location stop you from signing up if you want in!

$50 exchange - horse image on elfster

$20 exchange - pony image on elfster

....getit?!Icrackmyselfup

Please stay right about at that listed dollar amount so nobody ends up feeling shafted.


And now for the card exchange! Maybe I'm the only weirdo who still likes sending and receiving actual physical cards instead of receiving emailed ones or facebook messages. It's fun getting those holiday cards in the mail! I'm old school, what can I say ;)

This I'm not going to do through the elfster site, it seems a bit overkill and doesn't have the options I want. If you want in on the card exchange just pm me your email and mailing address. You can do this solo or with one or both of the gift exchanges, up to you!

Also, if you want to send and receive more than one card let me know! 1, 2, 5, as many as there are signees (I'll let you know what that number is ahead of time so you can still opt in/out of that much commitment). If I don't hear any number before the match date I'll default you to send and receive one card.

Sign ups for the card exchange start now and will end December 1. Between 12/1 and 12/5 I'll be in contact with everyone to verify how many you want to send and receive, and you'll get PMed and Emailed your matches on 12/6. Same 12/15 mailing deadline as the gift exchange.

Clear as mud? Fabulous!


This should go without saying, but do not sign up for any of the exchanges if you cannot commit to following through with it. It's voluntary, it's FUN!, everybody came through the past 2 years. If people don't deliver they're getting banned from future exchanges.

If you sign up for gift exchange(s) shoot me a pm here after so I can make sure I've got your address/email/reddit name all tied together and elfster isn't missing any info, it'll save me the hassle of trying to blindly find what name goes with what reddit user. If I can't verify information by the November 15th sign up deadline then I'm going to have to delete that name from the matches, and I don't want to do that to anyone!


So, enough with the mumbo jumbo and on to the fun!

This thread is the official central spot to post anything you want your gifter to know. So help them out so they can track down some awesome goodies for you and/or your 4-legged baby!

Do you own, lease, lesson? Tell us about them! Tell us about you! What kind of stuff do you need? What kind of stuff do you want? Any relevant sizing info, color info, restrictions, stuff you hate, stuff you love, etc. Links to your online wishlists (Dover, Smartpak, Amazon, and so on) This is the spot!

Please let me know if you've got any questions or comments.

Happy gifting everyone!! Have fun!!


Edit 11/15/17 Sign-ups close today! Get them in while you can. I'll do matches later tomorrow, you guys still have a little bit of time.

I need to verify a reddit name for one of you, initials A.M. Check your elfster account and get back to me please. The rest of you are all set! :)

If you haven't added a wishlist or info below to help out your Santa start trying to come up with some wants and needs and likes

And 2 more weeks to let me know if you want in on the card exchange. PM me here or shoot me a message through Elfster.

It's happening guys!!!!!


Edit 11/16/17 AM Sign-ups are closed. It drew automatically...because why would I have remembered to uncheck that box. So ignore that first email, I redid it to account for region so the second name that will have gone out is correct. I'm PMing everyone right now to verify they've got the correct name, so look for that as your confirmation on who you're shopping for. Sorry for the confusion!




Submitted November 01, 2017 at 08:50AM by AtomicPenny
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Horses/comments/7a41ir/2017_rhorses_secret_santa_gift_and_card_exchange/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments :

Post a Comment