Sunday, August 6, 2017

#horses - #One Last Flight


One Last Flight

I was out one day, riding my horse, Pegasus. Everything was going well, just a calm and quiet ride. Every so often a rabbit or squirrel would run by or infront of us, being a in a large grassy field, but Pegasus was a quiet horse and was use to the small critters in the field. Suddenly out of now where, a large dog came running out of no where, right infront of us barking. It startled Pegasus who reared and then galloped away. I manadged to keep a strong grip on the reins and stayed some what in the saddle, struggling to regain control however, since I was still confused and shocked of what was going on. Before I knew it, Pegasus was dashing towards a fence. Pegasus use to be a show horse, but she was retired and hardly ever jumped anymore, and well... I had never jumped before. Just as I realized that Pegasus was going to make a jump, she jumped. I was sliding in saddle a little, my left foot out of the stirrup, and as Pegasus jumped, my right leg hit the fence and caught me. I had let go of the reins and fell off, landing on my left leg, but a did hit my shoulder and head agaisnt the dirt of the ground (thank goodness for helmets). Nothing broken but I was sore and badly brused for a week. Pegasus had banged her back ankles agaisnt the fence, so when they found her out in the field, her ankles were scraped and bleeding, sore and limping. Eventually we got better and are now perfectly fine, but that was the last time I ever rode Pegasus.



Submitted August 06, 2017 at 06:12PM by SapphireBlades
via reddit http://ift.tt/2vFfOk7

No comments :

Post a Comment