Monday, August 14, 2017

#horses - #Inexpensive paddock boot recommendations


Inexpensive paddock boot recommendations

X-post from /r/equestrian since this sub seems more active.

I'll be taking a week-long horseback riding vacation in Ireland and I no longer own any riding gear. Riding boots are a requirement so I figure my best bet is to buy paddock boots and some half chaps, since I can wear the paddock boots in my day-to day-life and get lots more non-riding use out of them.

I can't invest $150 on nicer boots so I'm wondering if anyone has recommendations on any of the budget brands? I grew up riding and competing throughout college but I haven't done more than a random trail ride here and there in the past 15 years so I'm feeling far removed and I don't recognize all the brands out there except for the mainstays like Ariat. Any suggestions?

Edit: Also, I've only owned tall riding boots in the past so I'm wondering should I look at zip-up or lace-up paddock boots? Do you have a preference and why?



Submitted August 14, 2017 at 12:50PM by Sapphi_
via reddit http://ift.tt/2uDu24G

No comments :

Post a Comment