Saturday, July 15, 2017

#horses - #UPDATE: Trying to track down horse identity. Ideas?


UPDATE: Trying to track down horse identity. Ideas?

Guys. GUYS. The impossible had magically, overnight, turned possible! I actually tracked down the identity of my mystery horse! Actually, I didn't do much other than never stop caring, but still. I'm stoked!

My mare-of-mystery, lovingly called Hilda, had no registration papers, but had a big, bold AWS brand on her left hip. She was older so she wasn't microchipped or DNA typed so I didn't have much to go on. For over a year every search I made hit a dead end. That includes asking the AWS registry if they could check.

The event that turned her story around was that AWS apparently underwent rebranding (now AWSSR) and was turned over to new management. I saw they were trying to identify another mystery AWS branded horse and mentioned I had a mystery horse, too! How exciting! So many mystery AWS ponies out there! They requested all the information I had on her and within MINUTES found her.

I'm so unbelievable excited that I know her birthday (July 1, 1999.) I know her sire (Rulla of the Ribs, a Thoroughbred) and her dam (Kingsbury Farus La Belle, a Percheron.) I know that she was inspected and branded as a yearling and was owned by Tag-N-Farms of Naples, Florida. So far I can't dig up anything on this farm, but I'm now pursing her parents info to see if I can find any information since 2000. I know that they had no record of her scar, so it probably happened sometime after that.

AWSSR is combining her registrations (they had let me reregister her with an "unknown" background since she was obviously branded by them) and they're sending me a brand new certificate! Her original name was Paris, but I had registered her as Swanhilda. I didn't want to give up either name, but they had the great idea of changing her name to Swanhilda In Paris.

Here's a link to the original post: http://ift.tt/1Ujc8KW

And here are WAY too many pictures of her. :) http://ift.tt/2vovV1g



Submitted July 15, 2017 at 10:36AM by thirdpeppermint
via reddit http://ift.tt/2uqg9pe

No comments :

Post a Comment