Thursday, July 27, 2017

#horses - #Advice/exchange: Horses and 24 hour days.


Advice/exchange: Horses and 24 hour days.

I stopped riding 15 years ago because of allergies and in favor of a musical career and thought I would never go back. Ever. Horses were so outside of my world, it's ridiculous. So last year I inherited a horse and have picked up riding again. He is at a stable very close to my house but I work about 1.5 hours away. My partner works from home and keeps my chihuahua company while I'm at work. I'm usually gone from 6:30 am to... Well, here's the problem. I go see my horse 5 days a week after work, which is the minimum for a horse in a stall, I think. The 6th day, the trainer trains him and the 7th day he has a day off. He goes out in the pasture twice a day, every day. Of course, 5 days a week gets to be a lot of being gone from home for my boyfriend to deal with. He has voiced concern about this three times now and I'm not really sure how to answer because I can't not go... How do you people deal with the massive time consumption of having a horse and balancing it with a relationship?



Submitted July 27, 2017 at 11:18AM by Heart_of_Glass
via reddit http://ift.tt/2v31tg9

No comments :

Post a Comment