Monday, June 26, 2017

#horses - #Need some encouragement please


Need some encouragement please

Hello horse people! I need some encouragement. I own a TB|TK cross who is my love. We aren't sure how old he is but I am guessing 21-22. I bought him a year and a half ago and have literally had so many issues with his soundness (some injury, some arthritis) that I'm incredibly discouraged. The latest: about 6 weeks ago he was lame behind but he was due for hock injections, so $800 later that's done. 10 days later he was 3 legged lame on the right hind: stone bruise. Ok that's healed now and since the weekend lame on the left hind with swelling in his fetlock area. Vet is coming back again this week.

This literally has been par for the course since I bought him. Injuries after injury after injury, and they have run the gamut. Last year: he fractured his knee with a chip and ligament damage (surgery, 8 months off) literally the day after I handed over the money for him. Then he fractures a splint bone. (3 months off). Then a serious puncture wound (a month) Hock injections. Back injections. Chiropractor. Blah blah blah.

I don't know... at what point do I give up on him as a riding prospect and just retire him? He is much happier with a job than just hanging out so I keep trying but it's so discouraging. And expensive. Thoughts?



Submitted June 26, 2017 at 07:09PM by YouKnowYourCrazy
via reddit http://ift.tt/2tgE3Eb

No comments :

Post a Comment