Thursday, April 13, 2017

#mylittlepony - #How's everyone going to watch the premiere?


How's everyone going to watch the premiere?

So with the S7 premiere mere days away... how's everyone going to be enjoying their pony this weekend? Livestream together with a bunch of other fans? Watch it by yourself on live TV? Record it and watch it later?

I'm pretty torn myself. This is the first time since I've joined the fandom that I'm actually going to be watching episodes as they're first released, as opposed to just watching them after the fact on Netflix. Well, technically I think a few episodes might have been first airing when I was first getting into the show, but I wasn't to the point where I'd be worrying about S6 episodes at that point, I was still catching up with everything else. But yeah, this is basically new ground for me and I'm having a tough time deciding.

On one hoof, there's certainly something to be said about just sitting down and enjoying the episode with no distractions. Not reading a chat feed, not trying to be critical or make witty remarks, just sitting back and enjoying the experience. Full pony immersion. And in general that's usually how I'd approach something new, I want to save the critical aspects and discussion for later and just enjoy my first time free of all that.

On the other hoof, you only get one chance to join with your fellow fans and watch an episode as its first airing. Seems like a pretty unique experience, being together with others as you all see something for the very first time. And I'm DVR'ing the episodes, so its not like I can't just go back and watch them distraction-free later.

I just. Don't. KNOW. Maybe I need to split myself into 2 so I can do both at once, that usually turns out well, right?

So what about you all? What's your premiere experience looking like? And if you're doing the live stream method, which one are you going to be using? Is there a generally-accepted (by the fandom) "best" one? Is there one so big that you can't even keep up with reading everything, or does everyone stick to smaller groups?



Submitted April 13, 2017 at 10:32AM by ElecManEXE
via reddit http://ift.tt/2oDDz7E

No comments :

Post a Comment