Saturday, April 22, 2017

#horses - #Update: First riding lesson.


Update: First riding lesson.

A few days ago I made a post here asking for advice for a beginner like me.

Well, I just had my first lesson yesterday, and I have mixed feelings about it. The barn I was in was fairly small, and there were a few different horses in it. They seemed to be fighting with each other a little bit (again, I have no idea about horse language, so for all I know, they could have just been doing something else). It was to the point where my instructor had to shoo one of them out. The horse she had me grooming seemed...okayish, but somehow I could get a sense that she was agitated, even though I was just doing what my instructor was telling me. She kept looking over her shoulder at me, stomped her foot, and some of the other horses kind of charged at each other. I couldn't tell if my horse was irritated at the other horses in the barn, or at me, but either way I was terrified.

Part of me wants to go back so that I can learn more, and part of me wants to never go near a horse again. I really don't know how to feel right now, and I just want to know, is what I described normal behavior for horses? I'm sorry if I sound sooo ignorant and stupid right now, but like I said, I'm just a beginner. Maybe I'm making a big deal out of nothing (as usual). I don't know. My worst fear being around them is having them kick or trample me.

I want to be able to enjoy this and go into it with an open mind, but my first lesson had me quite nervous. I was afraid to say anything to my teacher, as I feel I'm too old to be getting scared like a baby. But I'm hoping next time (if there is a next time) we will take the horse I am working with outside that little cramped barn and away from the other horses. I have to admit, it scared me a lot being in such tight quarters with them.



Submitted April 22, 2017 at 11:20PM by WampuClawGirl
via reddit http://ift.tt/2pREkIz

No comments :

Post a Comment