Saturday, April 22, 2017

#horses - #Anyone have experience with managing social media for their barn?


Anyone have experience with managing social media for their barn?

I got to thinking today that the little schooling show my boarding barn held today would have been infinitely easier if they had posted information about it online. Their Facebook page hasn't been updated since Oct last year and their website is still advertising a dressage show that happened last June. While I don't have any direct experience managing social accounts, I am online a lot and work in the marketing world so I feel like I understand the basics of it.

I wouldn't be managing any true marketing/sales/seo efforts, just more to keep things up to date for the boarders and school kids.

Things I was thinking about:

  • Posting flyers and entry information in advance for any schooling shows or camps (currently they just post a flyer in the barn)
  • Keeping website information up to date
  • Bringing my nice camera to the barn and taking some pics to post occasionally on Facebook (of the grounds, grazing horses, pretty sunsets or something like that.)

I am not as familiar with Instagram or Twitter, but I'm not sure how important it is for this low level management. I could also create a private group for all boarders and lesson students to post things like lesson availability/cancellations, show progression notes (for instance, today my group had no idea when our class would run without walking half way across the complex), any facility notes, etc.

I'm also not sure of any implications I need to worry about (like getting permission from owners to post pictures of their horses, I know I'd need some sort of release for any people) or what I would ask in return. Discounted board or lessons would be great, but I don't know what monetary equivalent would be fair.

TLDR: Looking into a mini business plan to offer the owners of my boarding barn to update their social media and website in exchange for discounts. Any advice? I want to make sure I'm not volunteering for a horrible amount of work. :D



Submitted April 22, 2017 at 04:23PM by WinifredBarkle
via reddit http://ift.tt/2p811KJ

No comments :

Post a Comment