Wednesday, March 8, 2017

#horses - #My non-horsey friend found her heart horse yesterday


My non-horsey friend found her heart horse yesterday

My friend is 28 years old, and had never ever in her whole life been around horses. Her home life has been less than great recently, but yesterday was a particularly low day for her. So, I invited her come spend some time at the barn with me to help brush out a few horses. I brought out, Ace, a retired school horse for her to work on. (He's kind soul, and appreciates attention.) I gave her a few peppermints, and some pointers, and then let her go to town. Over the next hour, I watch her and Ace bond. They became absolutely smitten with each other. This morning I received this text from her:

"I seriously feel so much better after brushing out horses yesterday. Like woke up with a good attitude and everything. [...] Can only imagine it's happiness."

She's coming out again with me today. I haven't seen her this 'alive' in a very long time, you guys. I think that it's safe to say that the equestrian world gained a new member yesterday.

Has anyone else ever been a witness to something similar? Or do you remember the first time that you fell in love with horses?



Submitted March 08, 2017 at 11:01AM by Purple_Pilot90
via reddit http://ift.tt/2mZhy3e

No comments :

Post a Comment