Tuesday, March 7, 2017

#horses - #I had to let it all go.


I had to let it all go.

LT;DR//: Due to emergency surgery I had to give up my horse.

Two week ago today I had emergency neuro/vascular surgery. This resulted in four stents being put in through the base of my skull and into my neck. I can't risk any more falls. I'll never be able to ride a horse again. I've ridden since I was 5. That's 29 years. I don't know what I'm going to do with myself now.

My boy went home to the women who bred him, and whom I bought him from, so that's good. She's gonna test out the saddle and see how she feels about it. There's another friend looking to buy my trailer. I gave all my shampoos and such to the barn owner that had been so good to both of us.

It's all gone, it's really gone. And I'm heartbroken. What does a rider do when she can't ride? Mostly likely, never ride again? I have other hobbies and three kids to keep me busy for now. But every once in a while I get the urge to go see my pony, my Curly Mustang, and I have to remind myself that he's not there anymore. I think I die a little each time.

Thank you for reading this long rant. I'm just kind of rambling out my thoughts to a group I think would understand. I still plan to lurk around this Sub and look at all the pretty pony pictures. I love tough horses, and my boy was definitely that. And that's why I'll never ride him again.



Submitted March 07, 2017 at 05:01PM by EchoLyn
via reddit http://ift.tt/2mD7TPe

No comments :

Post a Comment