Saturday, June 6, 2020

#horses - #Does anyone else think the “there are no TRUE white horses” thing is dumb and makes it confusing to talk to non-horse people?


Does anyone else think the "there are no TRUE white horses" thing is dumb and makes it confusing to talk to non-horse people?

Ok so let me go on a little rant here.

I used to have an Arabian gelding named Joey. When people who had not ask me what color Joey was, I was met with a dilemma.

Do I say "oh he's grey" and run the risk of the person picturing a Pantone shade of grey, only to think I'm an idiot when they see a Snow White horse? Or do I say "white," and receive another "uhhhm actually, there are no TRUE white horses because tekinikally they have pigment so they're greeeeey" lecture from a horses person who thinks I somehow have not heard it before?

Y'all. If you see a white dog do you ask about the color of his skin? Would it make a difference if the dog was born black and turned white? No, the dog is fucking white. Why do we have to be so technical?



Submitted June 06, 2020 at 11:52AM by msgmeyourcatsnudes
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Horses/comments/gxvmpc/does_anyone_else_think_the_there_are_no_true/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments :

Post a Comment