Thursday, March 19, 2020

#mylittlepony - #This permanent hiatus has just started to kick in for me. Just wanted to vent my emotions.


This permanent hiatus has just started to kick in for me. Just wanted to vent my emotions.

So it only recently dawned on me that this spring will be the first time in five years that we won't have a new season premiere to look forward to and ease us into yet another wonderful chapter in the story of Equestria, and this year marks the first time in an entire decade where there won't be anymore episodes for Friendship is Magic. It's been. So. Damn. Long. My Little Pony had just been a constant for me, one of the few consistent things to look forward to in a rapidly changing life and environment. It always gave me something to look forward to, new friendly faces to meet and love just like the many others before. Silly adventures and surprisingly well told stories. A wholesome break from a rather disappointing and bleak world around me. This show also helped me meet my best friend years ago, and helped my sister and I bond and become so close back when she got me into it.

I still haven't seen the season 9 finale, I'm afraid I won't be able to handle it. I feel compelled to watch it and see what happens, but...I'm terrified to say goodbye. How can I? How can I say goodbye to these dear friends whom I've known for almost half my life now? I know they have plans to continue the franchise, yet this just feels like the end of an era. They struck gold with Friendship is Magic, something I'm not sure they can do again or even improve upon.

Just wanted to vent my mind on these things, and would love to know if any of you feel the same. Or maybe you're thinking more positively about it than I. Either way, feel free to speak your mind and I'll happily listen!



Submitted March 19, 2020 at 12:16PM by Tandril91
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/mylittlepony/comments/fles83/this_permanent_hiatus_has_just_started_to_kick_in/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments :

Post a Comment