Friday, March 6, 2020

#horses - #*RANT* I just had the worst lesson of my life


*RANT* I just had the worst lesson of my life

I'm sure you have all had your fair share of bad trainers, I know I have, but I never stick around long. Today was different though, I have been going to a new trainer weekly since November. I've witnessed her being slightly rude to other people including kids when they make 'silly' mistakes, but it never bothered me, because I wasn't the one she was annoyed at. Today I was the one who made a silly mistake, she called me out on it which is fair enough, but it rattled my somewhat fragile confidence, She told me to do the exercise again but in trot instead of canter this time. I fcked up again. I assumed I should continue to do it in trot until i got it right. My last instructor was always fine with me doing this. This one wasnt. Apparently she had told me to canter but I hadnt heard her and so did it in trot again. It was met with "why are you wasting time trotting around, he (the horse) won't learn anything" apart from the snarky tone in her voice, this annoyed me because with all the other riders in the group were allowed do it until they got it perfect, My mind was elsewhere for the rest of the lesson in the end she remarked that i was "asleep" but not in a jokey way, in front of everyone else. I left the lesson in tears. *Rant over



Submitted March 06, 2020 at 10:10AM by houndsandhorses
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Horses/comments/fegkod/rant_i_just_had_the_worst_lesson_of_my_life/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments :

Post a Comment