Thursday, January 30, 2020

#mylittlepony - #How MLP helped me get out of toxic friendships


How MLP helped me get out of toxic friendships

I've been wanting to write this for a while now, and I've finally gotten up the nerve. So, WAY BACK WHEN (around 2014/2015) I was still getting into the fandom. I had watched every episode once or twice and I thought I had a good grip on what friendship really was. I was in my Sophmore year of college and on my 2nd roommate, whom I had become friends with the first year due to mutual Majors and interests. Very long story a little shorter, I was listing to "A true, true friend" and the lyrics sunk deep into me. I realized, this girl I called a 'friend', whom I confided in multiple times, wouldent actually do anything for me friendship wise. I had taken her to the hospital in the nearby town once because she had a "stomach ache" which turned into a 5 hour project for the doctors to tell her she had indigestion, brought her projects to her classes that she forgot many times, and given her rides places I was never planning to go. It was such a one sided friendship, and I hadn't realized it before that point. I ended up moving out after only rooming with her for 1 semester and slowly cutting ties with her completely after a heated argument. I know Twilight says friendships are worth working on, but that's only if the other person wants to work on it too, right? I even somehow lost my high school friend who came with me to this college to her. He was in the argument as well. I even tried to reconcile with him the summer after and I got a "OK" in reply to my very long hand written apology letter. Thank you for taking the time to read this. It's been weighing on me for quite some time now...



Submitted January 30, 2020 at 10:42PM by GotClass2013
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/mylittlepony/comments/ewjok9/how_mlp_helped_me_get_out_of_toxic_friendships/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments :

Post a Comment