Tuesday, December 17, 2019

#horses - #Finally managed to jump my mare-in-training over a foot today!


Finally managed to jump my mare-in-training over a foot today!

I know that doesn't sound that impressive, but she was brought as a training project (16 years old, not saddle broke, barely halter broke with bad habits and manners to boot) and is just now learning to jump. She's a nervous jumper with a lot of power and this is the first time she went over anything above a foot and it's quite a lot of improvement from where she was. She used to just crash through the jumps most of the time but she's doing really well now and I'm quite happy because she's the only horse I have right now and it's been months since I've been able to jump! I'm hoping she might even be able to do a schooling show or two late next summer or fall and this is a big step towards that!



Submitted December 17, 2019 at 08:46PM by SilverSunrises
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Horses/comments/ec77ke/finally_managed_to_jump_my_mareintraining_over_a/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments :

Post a Comment