Monday, November 4, 2019

#horses - #My gotcha-day traditon


My gotcha-day traditon

Today marks 7 years since I paid for my current horse. I thought you guys might like (and maybe be inspired by!) my annual tradition.

Each year on Remy's gotcha day I write an email to her previous owner. I talk about all the reasons I love and hate my girl. I let her know that her horse continues to have a good home and to be loved. If we were involved in competitions I pass on the results. I share reports on her health, good and bad. And always I include pictures.

I know my girl didn't spend much of her life with the previous owner but I always want her to feel like she made the right choice the day I loaded up my trailer. Selling a horse is such a hard thing to do and I wish more people made an effort to provide updates.



Submitted November 04, 2019 at 12:53PM by turnnburn63
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Horses/comments/drn25a/my_gotchaday_traditon/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments :

Post a Comment