Thursday, November 14, 2019

#horses - #Horse pretends to nip while grooming?


Horse pretends to nip while grooming?

So just to get it out of the way, I know almost nothing about horses, the horse isn't mine, I go to an animal therapy farm. The people at the farm say my therapy horse is "sassy". So when I groom her during therapy with the therapist, she puts her ears back and pretends to bite/nip at her, but she will NEVER make contact with skin, if she does she instantly backs off. She also pushes the cross ties around and paces back and forth a lot. I also have to note that she never nips at me and she never tries to bite at the cross ties when I'm near them. She also seems to pace around way less if I'm alone in the room with her. It only seems like she does it around my therapist. Is there any way to curb her behavior?



Submitted November 14, 2019 at 11:36AM by Makynzi3556
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Horses/comments/dwdqe5/horse_pretends_to_nip_while_grooming/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments :

Post a Comment