Thursday, November 7, 2019

#horses - #Any subtle things horses do to show affection?


Any subtle things horses do to show affection?

I've had my horse Lili since December 2009, we go way back and I love her to bits. Thing is, I'm not sure if she actually enjoys my company? I know it's a pretty silly thing to worry about, but I travel quite a bit for my studies and I wonder if she's happy to see me when I come back and stuff. She's not a very affectionate horse, unless you have food she'll just sniff you a bit and that's about it. Occasionally if I'm sitting next to her she'll nibble my hair and mess it up a little, and on rare occasions she'll put her nose close to my neck and blow gently. When I see other horses in the stables, they're very affectionate and will always look for physical contact, will look out the box when you pass in front (mine only does that for feeding, she'll look out when she sees me standing but the moment she realises I don't have sweets for her she'll go back to eating hay). I know they're not supposed to be like dogs that go crazy everytime you come home and I'm not expecting her to neigh as soon as she sees me (she does it sometimes, but she also does it to the lady that takes care of the stables) I know that there not so obvious ways animals show their affection that you didn't necessarily realise was them saying "I like you!", dogs will stretch and sigh if they see you approach them and that shows affection for example. Is there something like that for horses? Sorry if it's a stupid question, I've just been wondering.



Submitted November 07, 2019 at 10:07AM by Lilou-multipass
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Horses/comments/dt0nra/any_subtle_things_horses_do_to_show_affection/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments :

Post a Comment