Saturday, October 26, 2019

#horses - #Is it normal for a trainer to hit and yell at horses?


Is it normal for a trainer to hit and yell at horses?

Hi there, I'm trying out lessons at a new stable to decide if I want to stay. I took lessons as a kid for several years but haven't been around horses in about 7 years. Today was my second lesson with the new trainer.

She was wearing soft shoes and was leading a horse into a stall, her feet got under the horses feet because she suddenly stopped to talk to me and the horse tread on her feet (it seemed like an accident). The trainer immediately freaked out, turned around and hit the horse and yelled loudly saying to back off and "I'm not in the mood".

The outburst scared and surprised me, as it did the horse, who honestly looked really confused.

My old trainer used to do this kind of thing as well, hitting the horse to try and get it to do something, like move aside. This behavior always bothered me and my question for this community is - is this just normal horse treatment? Will you hit and yell at horses as a training or disciplinary action? If I'm being too sensitive please let me know!



Submitted October 26, 2019 at 08:39AM by Blekah
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Horses/comments/dneosy/is_it_normal_for_a_trainer_to_hit_and_yell_at/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments :

Post a Comment