Friday, August 30, 2019

#mylittlepony - #My Brony Story


My Brony Story

So, the shows coming to an end, and I've decided to post my experience as a brony and with the show in general. I've tried writing this before, but Reddit decided to sign me out right as I decided to post this.

Alright, let's do this one last time.

I found My Little Pony the day before I started 8th grade. My mom did daycare, and watched a little girl who was into the show. The Hub (R.I.P.) was playing a week-long marathon before the season 5 premiere, and the daycare girl insisted on watching it. Me and my brothers, like pretty much every guy out age, thought that it was just a "stupid girly show," and wanted to just hang out in our room while it was on.

After the first day, I was getting bored of hiding in our room. I decided to watch an episode with her and "see why the show was so terrible." We watched one together (sadly I can't remember the episode), and I thought "Huh, this show isn't that bad." Then another episode went by. And another. Soon enough I was thinking "Huh. I think I'm starting to like this show."

Which was immediately flowed by, "I think I'm starting to like this show."

I was kind of freaking out as an 8th grader. I want about to tell my brothers (if you had met them, you wouldn't tell them either), and there were few friends who wouldn't have made fun of me about it.

Actually, because of all that, it took me a few years until I watched the full series. I had snuck a few episodes in over the years, but i wasn't until my senior year of high school (last year) that I found the time to watch the show. This is the first time ever been able to watch the episodes as they're released, and I'm glad to actually be a part of the My Little Pony fandom for at least one season.

Though I haven't actually been here for most of the series, this show has meant a lot to me. These multi-colored, magic horses have helped me through a lot, and though I'm going to miss this show once it's over, I cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye that I'll never forget My Little Pony or anything its taught me over the years.



Submitted August 30, 2019 at 03:46PM by Tuck_The_Duck
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/mylittlepony/comments/cxnf1o/my_brony_story/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments :

Post a Comment