Wednesday, August 28, 2019

#horses - #How to calm a horse


How to calm a horse

The barn that I ride at has a 31 year old ex Grand Prix jumper mike. He is practically retired a lesson or 2 a week at max. I have been helping out with the camp that my barn has the last couple of weeks. Mike is the most chill horse I have ever met and I have only seen him canter like 2 times. One day he was out in a paddock and he picked up a extremely fast canter and almost jumped out of the paddock then started pacing we went to calm him down (me and a friend) gave him some treats he seemed fine and they needed us to help lead horses In the ring so we left. We went back to check on him and saw him almost jump out of the paddock again. We almost did it but not quite. We brought him inside to be safe. Anyone know why this was happening and/or how to prevent it happening again?



Submitted August 28, 2019 at 09:00PM by Ihearthorses123456
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Horses/comments/cwv3ss/how_to_calm_a_horse/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments :

Post a Comment