Friday, June 7, 2019

#mylittlepony - #My thank you to this infinitely helpful & generous sub- a follow up post


My thank you to this infinitely helpful & generous sub- a follow up post

Previous post here: https://www.reddit.com/r/mylittlepony/comments/bdxewq/looking_for_5_ponies_for_my_nonverbal_daughter/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

I'd like to send a long overdue thank you to this subreddit. I made a post a little over a month ago searching for a handful of ponies for my autistic 4 year old. You guys came through to a ridiculous degree! She received at least 4 packages of ponies, including tons of ponies she didn't even ask for! She now has over 150 ponies, and she already has every single one of them memorized. She plays with them for multiple hours each day. They're her favorite thing in the entire world, and it's a great way for her to practice trying to say their names.

https://imgur.com/gallery/dGGTDwe

I'd like to send a special thank you to:

u/chokuru who send her the pony she wanted the most (starlight glimmer, her favorite), and took the time to make a homemade, handwritten card to her from Starlight Glimmer herself.

u/Evaren who sent her a TON (and I mean a TON) of ponies and cards. She was absolutely ecstatic, especially since she got Cheerilee in this package. She had been throwing away cards whenever she opened a blind bag, but seeing the pile of cards from you triggered something in her brain and suddenly she became infatuated with them. They got so bent and torn from her playing with them that I wound up laminating them, and I spent HOURS googling pony pics & making my own cards for ponies that didn't have one.

u/gbeaudette who also sent her a pile of ponies, including Princess Celestia that she wanted badly.

u/viva_la_topknot for the ponies, and helping me figure out what she had and what she didn't have already.

If I forgot anyone I'm so sorry! I went back through my messages to see who I had communicated with, and I'm fairly sure I listed everyone.

Most of you wouldn't accept any type of payment from me. I was more than happy to pay for what I received, but you guys are beyond generous. I am still more than happy to pay you, or would be pleased to donate to the Organization for Autism Research in your name (NOT Autism Speaks!). I'd like to reiterate that I was never looking for handouts and I WANTED to pay for the figures, but you guys are so kind and generous.

In other news, she's now aware of Princess Luna because of a puzzle I bought her, and now she wants princess Luna. I can't find a reasonably priced one anywhere, so I busted out my acrylic paints and am repurposing and extra twilight sparkle to be princess Luna. I'm about halfway done, and hopefully my handiwork will be enough to convince her that it's Princess Luna 😊

You guys are incredible people. Thank you so much.

P.S. I just made a post on DIY to get some assistance with display options. If you guys have any ideas for me, here's the photo album with my dilemma.

https://imgur.com/gallery/Phh0nso



Submitted June 07, 2019 at 12:59PM by frenchbullfrog
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/mylittlepony/comments/bxyen5/my_thank_you_to_this_infinitely_helpful_generous/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments :

Post a Comment