Tuesday, June 25, 2019

#horses - #Scared of the horse I ride


Scared of the horse I ride

Hey y'all, so i have a problem. I was tying my friends horse (20) to the hitching post but she got mad, turned her butt to me, smushed me on the hitching post, then yanked her head down to get the lead rope out of my hands and ran away from me. So i went and got her, tied her up anyways, then put all her tack on. I got on her and rode her around the yard some just fine to make sure she was okay. Out of nowhere she just got antsy and started sprinting out into the highway, i tried to stop her and turn her head to the left but she'd just start rearing and backing up into trees which would spook her. I had to have someone come help me because I didn't know how to stop her. Now i'm terrified of her, she has terrible ground manners in general but this just made everything worse, especially since she tries to paw me frequently. Any advice on how to get over being scared and make her respect me? Or how to deal with this? Thank you!



Submitted June 25, 2019 at 12:41PM by strawberry_21
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Horses/comments/c5d3fc/scared_of_the_horse_i_ride/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments :

Post a Comment