Saturday, June 8, 2019

#horses - #Laminitis questions! Can laminitis be caused by irregular feeding? Is mild stocking up on all four legs and sensitivity on rocket surfaces an indication of laminitis?


Laminitis questions! Can laminitis be caused by irregular feeding? Is mild stocking up on all four legs and sensitivity on rocket surfaces an indication of laminitis?

Hi all, I've got some laminitis questions. I'm wondering how quickly laminitis sets in, and if irregular feeding can cause it? Say if a horse were fed a 5 gallon bucket of soaked alfalfa pellets/beet pulp/grain/etc. several days and then not again for several days over several months? Could that cause laminitis eventually, even after the feeding stopped totally, or could it cause laminitis (if it could) only while it was being fed?

Also, is mild stocking up in all four legs a symptom of laminitis? What about foot sensitivity on gravel/rocks but not on soft grass?

My horse is having issues and I'm wondering. The farrier has been out since it started and didn't see anything when I asked, but it was my first time using him so I don't know how good he is at spotting things. I'm going to have the vet out soon but I'm wondering in the mean time.

Thanks.



Submitted June 08, 2019 at 07:57AM by Eelleepphhaanntt
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Horses/comments/by8868/laminitis_questions_can_laminitis_be_caused_by/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments :

Post a Comment