Thursday, May 2, 2019

#horses - #I got back into horse riding!


I got back into horse riding!

I rode horses from 2010-2014. In 2014 when I was 16, my mom passed away and that took a big toll on me as you would imagine. I stopped mainly all hobbies as she was my biggest supporter. I still had my pony, but sadly she passed away in 2017.

Well, last month I signed up for lessons at a farm a town over. Since I haven't rode for 5 years, they put me in a beginner class since I haven't rode for a while and very nervous. They put me on a red roan horse named Ironman, who was very tall (probably the tallest horse i've ever rode!) but so gentle. He's pretty awesome.

I had my fourth lesson yesterday and i realized durning and after how I was just beaming. I was so happy. I'm in a class with 3 others and our instructor took us out on a trail. We got to a big open area and she asked if any of us wanted to canter. We are all walk/trot so we were all kinda nervous but she insisted we tried.

It was amazing. I smiled the whole time and it was just the happiest moment almost ever!!! I'm still giddy about it. It made me realize how much I missed riding and just how happy I was to be back!

I use to barrel race and that shift from a trot to a canter took me back. It was so nostalgic. I can't wait for my lesson next week!

I thought this would be the best place to share since... horses lol.



Submitted May 02, 2019 at 09:04AM by mlpkatie
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Horses/comments/bjvzzv/i_got_back_into_horse_riding/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments :

Post a Comment