Monday, May 13, 2019

#horses - #(Finally) bought a helmet


(Finally) bought a helmet

Keep in mind I started riding in the 80's and not only were helmets unreliable, they were looked down upon on the riding community at that time. I have epilepsy and a hit to the human circuit breaker can be serious and cause it to become circuit broker. I'm not allowed to bathe in a bathtub or swim alone because I could drown, riding alone is out of the question. Up until now I've been strictly a ballcap girl. I was given the orders by my foot doctor to start riding to build up the bone callus on my 5th metatarsal because I badly (AKA avoided screws and a plate by .5mm) in Sep and I have a neuromuscular disease that delays healing and makes it easier to have the same break time and time again. This is the 2nd time having the same break in the same foot. My barn has 1" drainage canals in the concrete of the barn aisles which every single time make my foot roll.

I bought a Troxel ES GPSII schooling helmet to wear. Snazzy enough to wear in the ring, 1/4 of the cost of a show helmet. I'm determined to get back up on my horse soon even though it's been an 8 month break. All of my other gear is high mid to top of the line, well because I'm vain and had money to burn when I bought my saddle. The helmet was the last piece I really needed and now I have it.

HTTY everybody!



Submitted May 13, 2019 at 09:29PM by Irish_eyes27
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Horses/comments/bodk37/finally_bought_a_helmet/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments :

Post a Comment