Monday, February 4, 2019

#horses - #I’m losing my baby


I'm losing my baby

I just have to let this all out. I'm so sad. My very first horse I adopted from a horse rescue the day before I found out I was pregnant with our 2nd child. I've had him almost 8 years after a lifetime of loving horses and wanting to own one. Two years ago my husband's work field dried up and he was laid off for 6 months. We kept having to look further and further away for work and he was finally offered an amazing job...8 hours away. We made the trip, but I had to leave my horses behind. (My first horse, a Shetland we adopted for our daughter, a horse my mom rescued from a slaughter truck and her baby she had 2 weeks after we rescued her). They've lived on my parent's land for 1.5 years...but my dad is done with them now. His health is declining and he no longer wants the hassle of dealing with them.

I have no land up here as we are renting (our credit TANKED when my husband was laid off), and can not afford to board any of them, let alone all of them. I contacted the rescue to ask if I could move them to a neighbor's land...but the board of directors wants them back since I moved. They are adamant. So my farrier is going to come pick them up sometime this week and take them back.

Ya'll...I can't stop bawling. I never wanted him to go back. We have 4 kids now, and 2 of them under 2. My art career has stalled out since I don't have much time at all to work on drawings. But I'm so close to just going and finding a job somewhere so I can afford to bring them up here, even if it kills me. I'm heartbroken. I can't even love on him one last time and tell him how sorry I am.



Submitted February 04, 2019 at 04:02PM by ThorniDruid
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Horses/comments/an7k2u/im_losing_my_baby/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments :

Post a Comment