Sunday, January 27, 2019

#horses - #How to be okay with just leasing again instead of owning?


How to be okay with just leasing again instead of owning?

I had owned my OTTB for a year. I rescued him, he was completely malnourished, and had ulcers and horrible feet. It took many months of building his strength until we could start working together. Last September, I made the decision to rehome him to someone with more experience, and $$. I feel like a total failure still, as I planned to have him forever. He's in a good home now, though.

Since then, I've been so sad without riding in my life. I've gotten a huge promotion at my work and can support a lease! Although there's something inside of me that feels like I'll never be satisfied unless I own again. Something about managing my own horse, being able to see him whenever I want, and creating a training program every week. The other huge part of me says NO! Don't take on that responsibility right now. Not until you are absolutely certain this time.

So a lease will do for now. Is it possible to be satisfied in that? Maybe if it's a lease with many days throughout the week? I had leased many times prior to owning, and it was awesome. One of the horses I considered to be my heart horse, but she was a part of a therapeutic riding program, so I had little access to her. When I eventually owned, I LOVED IT!! And said I would probably never lease again, lol.

Interested to hear from some of you that have leased/ are leasing right now and how you feel about it vs owning :)



Submitted January 27, 2019 at 11:31AM by jenamoon19
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Horses/comments/aken3a/how_to_be_okay_with_just_leasing_again_instead_of/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments :

Post a Comment