Wednesday, December 19, 2018

#horses - #Learning to ride english as a western rider?


Learning to ride english as a western rider?

I've ridden western my whole life. I moved and no longer was able to have horses so I'm a bit out of practice with riding. Now have the opportunity to ride daily at a stable, exercising a friends horse who doesn't have the time, but he's always been ridden english so I will have to learn to ride english. I casually rode western like trail rides, roaming the pastures, nothing too disciplined but I rode well bareback as well as in a western saddle and know how to tack up a horse and pick their hooves and the like. I'm completely clueless when it comes to riding english though. Any tips, advice, riding differences I should expect? My friend will be able to help me learn how to tack up with her english gear, and help me ride a few times, but won't have the time to train me 100%. Any suggestions?



Submitted December 19, 2018 at 01:10AM by wellidontknowwhoiam
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Horses/comments/a7khr1/learning_to_ride_english_as_a_western_rider/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments :

Post a Comment