Thursday, December 6, 2018

#horses - #Experienced horse people, what do you look for in a colt?


Experienced horse people, what do you look for in a colt?

I've ridden and shown all my life, trained my own wonderful adult mare from the ground up as an abuse/ neglect rescue, and have a pretty good idea of what I'm looking for. My question for you guys is what are some things to look out for, good or bad? I want to make sure I make the correct decision since I plan on having this young one their entire life. I ride both English and western, and am not looking with a particular sport in mind. I'm in a place financially where I feel comfortable with the extra cost, and I have several hours each afternoon and about an hour in the morning to spend with this baby, so this feels like a good time in my life to start this journey. Any and all advice is appreciated except telling me to adopt instead. Thanks in advance, guys!



Submitted December 06, 2018 at 06:44AM by Gizmosis
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Horses/comments/a3o0od/experienced_horse_people_what_do_you_look_for_in/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments :

Post a Comment