Wednesday, November 7, 2018

#horses - #Thoughts on a micklem bridle?


Thoughts on a micklem bridle?

Bought my ex racer in June, started to school really nicely but has recently been aggravated with the flash, leading to her behaviour deteriorating when it comes to tacking up. She would stand perfectly still before but is starting to pace when I try to tack her which is making me think her bridle is not comfortable to her.

I want to make sure this is the right option, since they're quite expensive pieces of kit. I'm aware that they can also be ridden bitless which I might also try (currently in a full cheek snaffle).

Would love some opinions of anyone who's used a Micklem as I've read so many fab things on them being kinder.

Edit 1: Thought I'd give some more background into her schooling. She has recently also started to grind her teeth which further suggests to me she is uncomfortable. She's always ground her teeth a little when asked to do certain work, but it has definitely become more frequent especially when warming up.



Submitted November 07, 2018 at 02:15AM by HUSHNOW96
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Horses/comments/9uxy2t/thoughts_on_a_micklem_bridle/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments :

Post a Comment