Monday, November 26, 2018

#horses - #Miniature Companions


Miniature Companions

I have been on the hunt for the perfect companion for my QH gelding. He does have horse buddies on property, but he is currently pastured alone 90% of the time. We are also starting to travel a bit and are planning to move in May. He's had some health issues lately, mostly tummy/colic, and while I have worked closely with vets and adjusted his diet, I feel like a consistent companion will really help his sensitive self.

I am looking at miniature companions as this will be significantly more practical right now. So my options are mini horse, mini mule, or mini donkey. I considered a goat but fencing would be a problem. He's a bit busy-minded and I know a few people who swear by donkey companions to help calm horses. I've heard that donkeys may not be best because they socialize differently. My thinking is that a mini mule would be the best of both worlds, some of the calmness of a donkey but with more horse-like socialization. However, mini mules are hard to find in my area.

Does anyone have experience with, and/or can offer some insight into mini companions? TIA!



Submitted November 26, 2018 at 09:09AM by SunBun93
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Horses/comments/a0kn4j/miniature_companions/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments :

Post a Comment