Sunday, October 21, 2018

#horses - #Horse goodbye help


Horse goodbye help

Please forgive me, I don't know much about horses but would really appreciate a word of wisdom or two.

My girlfriend does eventing and is looking to move up a level in horses. She has sold her horse that she's had for about 4 years. This doesn't seem like a long time to me, but during this period my girlfriends parents got divorced and she made the transition from high school to college. It seems like her horse really helped her get through this tough time.

She's glad that her horse had been sold so she can begin the search for another horse, however her current horse is being picked up in less than a week and she's told me that it will be an emotional goodbye.

I offered to go to the barn with her to comfort her when the shipper comes to pick up the horse.

Is there anything I can do or say to help her? I have very little experience with these kinds of goodbyes, and zero idea what kind of bonds people have with their horses.

TLDR: my girlfriends horse is being picked up this week and I want to know how to best comfort her.



Submitted October 21, 2018 at 12:17PM by dgrochmal
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Horses/comments/9q5r55/horse_goodbye_help/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments :

Post a Comment