Wednesday, August 15, 2018

#horses - #What would be the reason for a soft whinny?


What would be the reason for a soft whinny?

Does anyone else have a horse with a very quiet voice? My gelding's whinny is so soft. Any thoughts on why?

His backstory:

16 yr/gelding AQH. I've had him for 8 months and he is wonderful. Super mannerly, friendly, and sharp as a tack. He's an old texas cow horse and before I got him he had been left out in a pasture for at least a year with what must have been no care whatsoever. He was about 100 pounds underweight and had awful teeth. Now he's at a healthy weight, his teeth are fixed, and he was treated for a respiratory illness when I first got him. I thought his voice might come back when he regained his health but it hasn't.



Submitted August 15, 2018 at 04:47PM by MuchVariation
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Horses/comments/97mv24/what_would_be_the_reason_for_a_soft_whinny/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments :

Post a Comment