Thursday, August 2, 2018

#horses - #Weighing the decision to put my wonderful old mare down before winter. She’s 31, OTTB and has lost so much condition/weight.


Weighing the decision to put my wonderful old mare down before winter. She's 31, OTTB and has lost so much condition/weight.

She's been wormed, floated, checked out, she's just finally, rapidly, succumbing to age. I'm worried about her going down on the ice this winter in rural Vermont. She get studded shoes already for the winters, but she's just different this year. I love her so much - she's the sweetest mare I've ever known. When is it too soon? I don't want to be too late.



Submitted August 02, 2018 at 04:00PM by ranaparvus
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Horses/comments/943pc2/weighing_the_decision_to_put_my_wonderful_old/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments :

Post a Comment