Monday, August 13, 2018

#horses - #I need some advice that only fellow horse people will understand


I need some advice that only fellow horse people will understand

I'm having a bit of a dilemma. I am currently horseless. I have been waiting for the perfect time to buy my next horse. I have had 2 horses previously and ended up selling, one when I was much much younger and wanted out of horses for the time being, and one because he was given to me and a terrible fit for me.

I don't want to have to sell again. I want to give my future horse his forever him. Problem is, I'm moving across the country in roughly 2 years time. East coast to west coast. So shipping is going to cost upwards of $3k. Ouch.

I have leased here and there over the years, but it's just not the same. And I feel that I'm wasting my money.

What should I do??? Buy and ship? Wait to buy? Horses are so damn expensive but I miss riding whenever I'm not and I need it for my mental health. I want a pet, not JUST a horse to ride.

What would you do?



Submitted August 13, 2018 at 09:46AM by megaera_taylor
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Horses/comments/96zeew/i_need_some_advice_that_only_fellow_horse_people/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments :

Post a Comment