Tuesday, July 31, 2018

#mylittlepony - #I just found out about BronyCon ending


I just found out about BronyCon ending

I just saw the post about the person who found out next year is the final BronyCon, and I find myself in some form of muted sadness.

My first BC, I went because I wanted to meet Tara Strong. She was a huge part of my childhood, I had barely seen any of the show, but a chunk of my friends liked it. I watched it before going, it was hilarious, and I had a great time at the convention. Managed to fall asleep at the rave. This was in 2012, when it was still in New Jersey.

The next year, I ran a panel, the idea was to just talk about experiences with the fandom. The preparation was stressful, but it went great. We listened to Lullaby for a Princess, some people cried, we told stories of how it had helped us. This was in 2013, when it just moved to Baltimore. I still struggle to not say Baltimare, all this time later.

The last time I went, I was on the public relations staff. MandoPony showed up, as well as several of my other favorite musicians. I bought an Aviators CD from him in front of Starbucks, I sang along to "Wonderbolt" in the audience, almost cried with MandoPony. I got to see a soldier with PTSD tell us how grateful he was for the color coded badges to help with public interaction. It was 2014.

I've talked with musicians, and artists, made friends, lost touch with some. Most of my friends drifted away from the fandom, dragging me away from something that made me happy for years, to the point that now I can't comfortably watch the show. But I have always wanted to go back, maybe not as a panelist, or an employee, but as a visitor, a fan of the colors, the joy, the friendship.

I don't think I'll be able to go to this final one, as I've missed the last four. But, if it isn't against the rules, I'd like to hear the stories you guys have had of positive experiences, from the show, the conventions, maybe even this subreddit. Any most importantly: everypony smile.



Submitted July 30, 2018 at 09:27PM by inachisasuke
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/mylittlepony/comments/93ayg7/i_just_found_out_about_bronycon_ending/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments :

Post a Comment