Sunday, July 1, 2018

#horses - #Experiences with broken pelvis?


Experiences with broken pelvis?

So my ass of a horse had a bad day last week and threw himself over backwards, and rolled on top of me twice after landing, and then proceeded to trample me on his way back up. Good boy. Anyway, I was extremely lucky in that the only injury I suffered was a clean break through the right side of my pelvis and a fracture on the left . I'm now home after a week in hospital (no surgery yay!) but I cannot walk and I'm basically helpless for now. Doc says it'll be at least 10 weeks before I can even consider riding again. Has anyone else had a similar injury? What were your experiences with it? How was your confidence level in the saddle following your wreck? TIA! (Also what the hell did you guys do while bed ridden for so long? I'm already going nuts with boredom!)



Submitted July 01, 2018 at 03:00PM by beezythegiraffe
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Horses/comments/8vd1e3/experiences_with_broken_pelvis/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments :

Post a Comment