Saturday, July 14, 2018

#horses - #Building an upgraded shelter for my wife's horse. Any suggestions?


Building an upgraded shelter for my wife's horse. Any suggestions?

Hi everyone, like the title says, I'm building a new shelter for my wife's horse to replace the current 3 sided 8' x 8' one we have right now. I can handle the construction, but could use some input for the horsey considerations.

Here's a quick sketch up of my plans right now.

The left side is for storage - mostly hay. The right side is the horse's shelter and is limited to 150 sq. ft. This design is about 11' x 12' for the main area, with a 3' x 6' entrance area.

We're in Maryland, zone 7a. Temperatures range from about 0-100° F and we get a bit of snow in the winter.

The area this would be located in is shaded most of the day. Water accumulation isn't an issue thankfully. Gutters will be installed an needed to divert roof run-off.

The two black lines coming off the entrance are fence-lines.

You can barely make out the outline in this picture, but a small water trough is located at the front right corner (from the horse's perspective).

Thank you for any ideas!

https://i.redd.it/2vd42c704z911.png



Submitted July 14, 2018 at 02:35PM by Hatsuwr
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Horses/comments/8yw8vm/building_an_upgraded_shelter_for_my_wifes_horse/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments :

Post a Comment