Sunday, July 29, 2018

#horses - #Any Amputee Equestrians Here?


Any Amputee Equestrians Here?

I will be getting a right BKA this fall and am planning to have my horse in training for the first 30 days of my recovery. Are there any adaptations/changes of typical cues that you would suggest having my horse learn at this time? I mainly do dressage, but am hoping to jump once I have a prosthesis. I am not planning to wait until a have a prosthesis to get back on my horse, but don't know if I can do more than walk/trot without it. I'm not sure how to cue my horse to canter or do lateral movements without my right foot. Any advice from someone who's been there is appreciated.



Submitted July 29, 2018 at 04:49PM by mingmob
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Horses/comments/92ysjj/any_amputee_equestrians_here/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments :

Post a Comment