Saturday, July 7, 2018

#horses - #Abuse vs. Training


Abuse vs. Training

Today I went horseback riding with my boyfriend. We had an amazing time and the staff were very friendly. My opinion changed after we were heading back through the trail and one of the tour guides horses went off path to eat off a tree which contained thorns of some sort. The tour guide got upset (probably embarrassed) and whipped him with a rope which made him move and 5 seconds later, the guide hops off his horse and punched the horse directly in its face. Now, I know nothing about horse training and on the way home, I felt very bothered. I have looked up the proper way to train a horse on Google to hopefully ease my mind but so far, everyone has mentioned it's only ok to hit a horse if it is misbehaving not out of fear or anxiousness. But punching a horse seems a little inhumane to me. Can someone please explain?



Submitted July 07, 2018 at 07:51PM by KaylaK_
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Horses/comments/8wy790/abuse_vs_training/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments :

Post a Comment