Sunday, June 24, 2018

#horses - #Would you board at a place like this?


Would you board at a place like this?

I am looking at putting an offer in on a house in a very horse friendly neighborhood. I'm not rushing into getting a horse again for myself but it does have a little 2 stall barn. The property it's self is just over an acre with half an acre dedicated to the barn and pasture. There isn't an arena on the property but there is a community arena accessible by trail a few minutes ride away.

There is also a big state park with 25 miles of riding trails a few minutes in the other direction. Also accessible from the property on community trails with only one road to cross to get into the park.

Long term, I expect I will have horses again, but in the meantime I thought I could board out of the little barn.

Would it be a deal breaker that the actual riding isn't onsite? Also, I would totally feed morning and night, muck the stalls and pasture and turnout. But I do have a job and wouldn't be onsite during the day. Is that a deal breaker?

Just gathering info and ideas. Curious to see your thoughts!



Submitted June 24, 2018 at 06:02PM by -Viridian-
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Horses/comments/8tm2r4/would_you_board_at_a_place_like_this/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments :

Post a Comment