Tuesday, June 26, 2018

#horses - #Renaming a horse


Renaming a horse

I'm considering buying a mare but she currently has a silly name (think ridiculous horse race type name) that has no good nicknames out of it (me and people at barn spent a couple hours coming up with attempted names). I had landed on something totally different that feels much cuter and many agreed, but now I'm getting weird push-back from my coach and people I ride with, telling me that I can't rename a horse because it's bad luck. It's kind of taking some fun out of it all.

This seems ridiculous to me... I renamed my dog when I adopted him and no one batted an eye. Ultimately if I do buy her, it's my decision, but wondering if you have ever renamed a horse? We're you worried? Did people get over it?



Submitted June 26, 2018 at 10:00PM by Strawberlies
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Horses/comments/8u6iht/renaming_a_horse/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments :

Post a Comment