Friday, June 15, 2018

#horses - #How to approach a barn about working to ride?


How to approach a barn about working to ride?

Sounds like my current barn is just bad overall so I think it may be time to bail out. And contact the spca. But first maybe some time stamped photos of proof.

I would love to get back into horseback riding but I'm not in any financial position to do so. That was the original appeal of the barn, work to ride volunteering. I haven't been able to find another barn near me that does something similar.

Would it be in poor taste for me to reach out to barns and ask about it anyways? What should I say to not come off as someone who's trying to take advantage or be cheap? I think I should definitely mention my past horse experiences but should I mention this bad barn I'm leaving? I don't think I've really learned much from there.

Also thanks so much for all the support you guys. I really should have been trusting my gut to start.



Submitted June 15, 2018 at 07:19AM by BlazedChestnut
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Horses/comments/8ravqu/how_to_approach_a_barn_about_working_to_ride/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments :

Post a Comment