Saturday, June 2, 2018

#horses - #Guys I need your help and advice!


Guys I need your help and advice!

OK so; I have access to my friends 27yr old Galloway. He is semi retired and pretty 'over it' but at the same time is on grower weaner pellets to keep his weight on. My tack is too big for him but I don't have access to my friends tack. He is in an acre bush paddock and is an absolute shit to catch. I am 167cm tall, with long legs, 70kg. He is hot as hell from his feed and has always been given his head to hoon until he gets tired, but I want to go to an adult riders club and try some eventing. I love dressage. My friend thinks Im ungrateful or looking down on her when I go for lessons instead of mess around bareback on this headstrong old man.

Long story short he is not the horse for me!

I'm considering finding a free leaser and agisting for 60 a week nearby where there is reticulation, arenas, roundyard and trails.

I know hay rolls are around 70 bucks and will probably last a month, and teeth etc need doing. I have a daughter and not the biggest budget, but I think I can afford this. I want a free lease instead of buying, so that I know the horse has a happy home if my financial situation changes for any reason.

SO MY QUESTION

-How much roughly do you spend weekly free leasing a horse

-am I doing the right thing?

-any other advice?



Submitted June 02, 2018 at 04:39AM by JimmyRicardatemycat
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Horses/comments/8nzr7p/guys_i_need_your_help_and_advice/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments :

Post a Comment