Friday, June 29, 2018

#horses - #Advice for riding in hot weather?


Advice for riding in hot weather?

I'm soon going for a riding retreat in Spain, and naturally I'm expecting the weather to be pretty sweltering. That coupled with riding will obviously get me feeling warm!

I was probably just going to take my jodhpurs and wear as light as I can on top, but was wondering if anyone has any ideas about legwear that will prevent pinching but won't cook me to death? Or is it perfectly possible to ride in shorts? I figured that the added heat from jodhpurs will make a negligible difference because I'll be starting anyway but I'm having second thoughts. The only thing is I'm not too keen on breaking the bank with some moisture-wicking temperature-control custom pants, just looking for things I could pick up from the shops.

On top of that, just anything people have found helpful on how to prepare or fare better in heat would be much appreciated!

Thank you so much



Submitted June 29, 2018 at 11:49AM by Aecora
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Horses/comments/8uv580/advice_for_riding_in_hot_weather/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments :

Post a Comment