Saturday, May 5, 2018

#horses - #My pony just passed away. What do I do now?


My pony just passed away. What do I do now?

I've never had to deal with anything like this. I'd like to have a necropsy performed (I suspect the vet might have given him an overdose of bute), but I can't reach the other nearby vet who handles large animals. It's after noon on a Saturday. I don't think the body can sit outside until Monday when their office opens.

He was a small pony, but that still would require digging a rather large grave. I don't have any digging equipment other than a spade and I don't think I could do that large of a job by hand. Is cremation an option? I really don't want to have him hauled off to a rendering plant or something horrible like that.

I apologize for getting everyone down, but I just don't know what I'm supposed to do.



Submitted May 05, 2018 at 04:26PM by captpackrat
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Horses/comments/8hawu4/my_pony_just_passed_away_what_do_i_do_now/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments :

Post a Comment