Sunday, May 13, 2018

#horses - #Free lunging help


Free lunging help

Due to various life circumstances, my horse has been having more time between rides than I would like. He gets a little unruly when I try to ride or lunge him on a line unless he gets to run around first, but also won't run on his own in turnout. I have started free-lunging him in a large indoor arena when possible. Sometimes this is his only workout, sometimes it's the warmup before other work.

Here's my problem. He will only run to the left. His right side is definitely weaker, so I understand why he chooses the left. The arena is too large for me to use my body as a barricade to make him turn like I used to when free lunging in a round pen. Is there any way to fix this? Or will I always need to use a lunge line to work his right side?

Thanks.



Submitted May 13, 2018 at 03:06PM by mingmob
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Horses/comments/8j6zc1/free_lunging_help/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments :

Post a Comment