Saturday, May 26, 2018

#horses - #First fall and confidence lost


First fall and confidence lost

I guess I'm looking for advice or help or just kind words...

I have been having one private lesson and one group lesson a week. In my private lessons we have been working on no stirrup work. It's bloody hard and I've been feeling like I just can't "get it". In my last group lesson, I was cantering, lost both stirrups and in the process of trying to get them back, I fell and hit the deck HARD.

My last two group lessons I have been on a very forward little horse. I struggle to sit back on her and feel like I'm just constantly trying to hold her back. I can't relax and slow my seat because I'm a bit anxious maybe too.

Anyway, I guess now I'm just worried that I'll never get any better or be able to ride on my own if I ever get a horse.

Would love to hear stories, fails, triumphs. I guess anything that will help me feel better.

Thankyou



Submitted May 26, 2018 at 05:43AM by Marriedtosleep
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Horses/comments/8m9mpg/first_fall_and_confidence_lost/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments :

Post a Comment